Hello Adventure (Pty) Ltd.
Document Updated: 21 November 2019
What data do we collect?
Hello Adventure collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, etc.)
- Travel information (passport number, travel dates, country of residence, etc.)
- Purchase information (order details, billing history, etc.)
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Hello Adventure with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Provide your information when booking with us via social media, WhatsApp, Messenger, text message or email.
Hello Adventure may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Any of our suppliers that you provided your information to while making a booking.
How will we use your data?
Hello Adventure collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Provide the supplier of your booked activity, tour or package with the information that they need for indemnity and insurance purposes.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
- Engage with you on social media channels.
- Provide customer support to you when required.
- Provide you with relevant online advertisements and marketing campaigns.
When Hello Adventure directly processes your payment, we may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
Hello Adventure securely stores your data at our physical premises and on Google Drive.
We will keep your personal identification data for up to ten years. Once this time period has expired, we will manually delete your personal identification data. You may ask us to delete your personal identification data at any time.
Hello Adventure would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our suppliers.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Hello Adventure from contacting you for marketing purposes or from sharing your data.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
What are your data protection rights?
Hello Adventure would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Hello Adventure for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small admin fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Hello Adventure correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Hello Adventure to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Hello Adventure erase your personal identification data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Hello Adventure restrict the processing of your personal identification data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Hello Adventure’s processing of your personal identification data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Hello Adventure transfer the data that we have collected from you to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- Refining our advertising or marketing campaigns
- Updating our websites or apps based on your browsing requirements
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Hello Adventure uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Hello Adventure uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Hello Adventure sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us: +27 65 95 35 437
Or write to us at: PO Box 193, Mossel Bay, South Africa, 6500.
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Hello Adventure has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the South African Information Commissioner’s Office.
Address: 33 Hoofd Street, Forum III, 3rd Floor Braampark, Braamfontein, Johannesburg.